Unless otherwise specified in a particular contest, here are our general contest rules designed to assure everyone an equal chance of winning:
1. Only one winner per household for any contest in a 30 day period. Individuals may only win one contest in any 30 day period, unless otherwise noted.
2. No purchase necessary to enter. Contests are void where prohibited by law.
3. You must pick up your prize within 30 days of winning at the designated pick-up point during normal business hours or you will forfeit the prize. Prizes will not be mailed to winners. Studio office hours are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday, at our business address of 404 W. Lime Street, Lakeland, Florida, 33815.
4. You will be told when you win where to pick up your prize. Please call before going to the pick up point to ensure the prize has arrived at the pick up point.
5. Certain restrictions may apply to certain contests. All winners must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Contest Release Form granting Hall Communications, Inc., affiliates, agencies, subsidiaries, representatives and successor/assigns, permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likenesses in connection with promotion of this or other contests and must waive any claim of royalty, rights or remuneration for such use.
6. The person who claims the prize in-person must be the same person who calls in to win and must present two forms of valid ID (one being a photo ID) and sign all necessary release forms in order to receive their prize. Prizes are non-transferable. Concert tickets may not be sold.
7. Employees of Hall Communications, Inc., any agencies and advertisers sponsoring a contest and their immediate families are not eligible to win. The term “immediate family” shall include spouses, parents, children, grandparents, grandchildren and co-habitating significant others.
8. Hall Communications, Inc. shall be the final arbiter as to any questions that might arise about contestant qualifications or procedures. Contest rules are subject to change at any time, without notice.
9. Contestants are ineligible to win if they have already won another prize from Hall Communications within the previous thirty days, unless otherwise specified.
10. Hall Communications is not responsible if a listener is unable to get through on the telephone for a contest, whether due to telephone equipment malfunction, busy lines or otherwise. Telephone contestants may have their voice recorded for later broadcast.
11. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying taxes on prizes and will be issued an IRS Form 1099, if applicable.
12. For any contest that includes limousine service, the designated pickup and drop-off location will be the Hall Communications studios at 404 W. Lime St. in Lakeland.
Many radio stations conduct contests that give away money. Most of the time, only the listeners of that specific radio station are winners. However, over the last couple of years, several large broadcasting companies have decided to conduct national contests. That means that radio stations owned by the same large company and located in several different states are conducting the same contest at the same time for the same prize. The large broadcasting companies do this so that you will think that their local stations are giving away large cash prizes. They fail to make it clear to you that you will be competing with other people from around the country and that there may not be a winner from your local area. Obviously, your chances of winning a national contest are much less than winning a contest being conducted by a single station.
At Hall Communications, we’d like to assure you that we do not conduct cash giveaway contests on a national level, although we currently own 21 radio stations. Every contest heard on our stations is being conducted solely for the listeners of that one, particular station.
So, the next time you hear a radio announcement or see a television commercial for a radio station that says “You could win one million dollars tomorrow morning!!”, beware. There is a good chance that this is a national contest and your chance of winning is extremely small. You might even consider calling the station and asking them if their on-air cash contest is being conducted nationally or is it just for listeners in your local area.